Sibley recognizes that psycho-social support is an important aspect of care. An oncology social worker is available to see out-patients and visit in-patients. Sibley also offers support groups on site in addition to referring to community-based support groups.
For more information about meeting dates, times and locations email Pamela Goetz at email@example.com or call 202-243-2320.
- Support Groups: A wide variety of psychological and social support services and programs are offered including: Coping Skills for women who are newly diagnosed; Nutrition for Better Health; and After-treatment Transition Workshop for women who have finished their breast cancer treatment.
- For Patients & Their Families: Open-ended support group for sharing information and ways of coping.
- Short-Term Counseling: Available for individual cancer patients and their families at no cost.
- Look Good…Feel Better: For women receiving cancer treatment. Learn how to look healthy and stylish.
- Breast Cancer: Support services for breast cancer patients, survivors and families, including Coping Skills for women who are newly diagnosed and After-Treatment Transition.
- For Family and Friends: Provides a place for sharing experiences and the challenges of caring. Second Tuesday of the month, 4:30 – 6:00 p.m.
For more information on cancer support and resources, visit the National Cancer Institute's website at www.cancer.gov/cancerinfo/support.