To apply for a position at Sibley, you must fill out an online application. If you do not have access to a home computer, you may use a computer at your local library.
To gain access to our online application, you will need to register with Sibley. You will need a user ID, password and registration information, including name and e-mail address. If you do not have an e-mail account, sign up for a free account through your favorite search engine, such as Yahoo or Google. Please be sure to save your user ID and password because you will need to use both to check on your application status.
Once you have registered, please follow the online instructions and input application information, including educational background, work history, license/certification and work references. Complete work history, dates of employment, job title, duties and supervisor names must be entered on the application.
You will also have the option of uploading your resume, which will automatically fill in portions of the application with required information, or you may cut and paste your resume onto the application form. There is also space on our online application for you to key in your cover letter. Note: Although you have the opportunity to upload your resume, it is the work history on the application that we will use to determine your eligibility status and salary grade.
Thank you for considering a future with Sibley Memorial Hospital. We look forward to reviewing your resume and application information.
EEO Policy Statement
Sibley Memorial Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will recruit and select candidates for any vacant position without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification), age, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identity, familial or parental status, matriculation, source of income, place of residence, genetic information, veteran status, political affiliation and/or disability.
The Hospital does not limit, segregate or classify employees in any way that will deprive any individual of equal employment opportunities or adversely affect employment status. This policy of nondiscrimination applies to all employment procedures, including, but not limited to, recruitment (advertisement relating to employment), hiring, placement, transfer, training or retention programs, compensation, layoff and termination.
Sibley Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity in the workforce.
If you have questions concerning this policy or are aware of any breach thereof, please contact Human Resources. Your concerns will be promptly investigated in an effort to maintain the Hospital’s commitment to equal opportunity.
What to expect after you apply
At Sibley Memorial Hospital, we want to ensure that your skills and talents are a good fit for our current needs and that our organization is a good match for you, as well. That’s why we carefully review each application to assess abilities before the application is sent to the appropriate department manager. Upon review of your application, you will be contacted through email or phone message if selected to interview.
You may check on the status of your application by logging in to the Sibley career site using the user ID and password you created when you initially applied for one of our positions.
Resume & Application tips
- Be sure to proofread your resume—no typos!
- Include a cover letter explaining why you are interested in working at Sibley and how your skills relate to the job opening.
- Follow application directions and include complete background information. References (at least two) must be supervisory references from current or previous employment.
- During the application period, demonstrate proper phone and e-mail etiquette in all communications with Sibley staff members.
- Include complete contact information.
- To ensure that you are on time, plan to arrive ten minutes prior to your scheduled interview
- Please dress professionally, and use colognes/perfumes sparingly. No jeans or sandals are allowed.
- Bring names and contact information for professional work references, including telephone numbers and addresses.
- Be sure to bring proof of licensure/certifications, if applicable (RN, PT/OT, etc.).
- Make sure you understand the responsibilities of the job, and don’t be afraid to ask questions about the position as you review the job description with your recruiter.
- Relax. It will help you make a positive first impression and help us to determine if you will be a good match for our organization.
Frequently asked questions
- How often do you list career opportunities on your website?
As soon as we are aware of a new position, it is posted in real time.
- How can I check on my application status?
Go to our website and create a user ID and password, and keep them handy. You will need both to check on your application status.
- How long will it take after I submit my application to be invited or declined for an interview?
Because of the large volume of applications we receive for every job opening, it may not be possible to contact each and every one of you in person. Please follow up regarding your status by logging on to the Sibley career site using your user ID and password.
- How long will it take after I am interviewed to be notified whether or not I have been hired for the position?
The recruiter will notify you of the length of the interview process during you initial meeting.
- Am I likely to be chosen if I meet all of the listed requirements?
In addition to listed requirements, we take work history, references and interview performance into consideration. The candidate whose qualifications most closely meet our current needs will be selected to fill any given position.
- How long is New Hire Orientation, and how often is it conducted?
General hospital orientation lasts two days and is conducted once a month. Nursing and allied health orientation lengths vary, depending on specialty area and discipline.
- Does Sibley offer educational assistance?
- Does Sibley have a probationary period for new hires?
At Sibley, we have an introductory period that lasts 90 days, and occasionally longer, for some clinical positions.
- Is parking free for employees?
Your first 90 days
First impressions count, and they last. That’s why Sibley Memorial Hospital wants you to get your allied health career off to a great start. To help ease your transition, we’ll provide you with support and guidance that are sensitive to your needs and experience level. In addition to our general hospital orientation program, we have discipline-specific programs that will serve as a foundation for continuing growth.
Department mentors will provide guidance instruction, while other senior staff members will be happy to provide insights and share their knowledge. During the orientation process, you will participate in various hands-on learning opportunities and become familiar with our technology, equipment, procedures and protocols.
During your first 90 days, we encourage you to ask questions, seek advice and build strong relationships. By doing so, you will build the confidence and competence that will lead to a successful and satisfying career.