Surviving Survivorship: Living with Cancer
This annual conference for survivors and caregivers will be inspirational and informative. Lunch will be served and participants will have the choice of two workshops designed to address your unique needs.
11:30 a.m. - Registration
12:00-1:30 p.m. - Complimentary Seated Lunch with William Nelson, MD, PhD
1:45 -2:45 p.m. - Workshop Session I
2:45 - 3:00 p.m. - Break
3:00 - 4:00 p.m. - Workshop Session II
- William Nelson, M.D., PhD, Marion I. Knott Director & Professor of Oncology, The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins
- Tools for Taming Worry and Anxiety, led by Lacy Fetting, LCSW-C, The Harry J. Duffey Family Patient and Family Services Program, The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins
- The Challenge of Caregiving: A Conversation for Caregivers, led by Terry Langbaum, MAS, Chief Administrative Officer, The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins
- The Art of Thriving: The Grace of Living, led by Cinder Hypki, MS, Community Artist, Maryland Institute College of Art
- Survivorship from a Physician’s Point of View, led by Katherine Thornton, MD, The Johns Hopkins Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Yoga for Cancer Survivors and Caregivers, led by Kymberly Sevilla, ACSM Certified Cancer Exercise Trainer, ACE Certified Advanced Health and Fitness Specialist
- The Needs of the Spirit: Is There Meaning in Cancer? led by Rev. Christopher Brown, MDiv, Manager, Clinical Pastoral Education, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Beauty Inside and Out! led by Marianne Kelly, Presidnet, Image Recovery Centers
Free Parking. Space is Limited.
To Register, call Barry Miller at 410-955-8934, or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 1, 2014.
While there is no cost to register, we ask for your full commitment to attend. If unable to attend, please notify Mr. Miller at your earliest convenience.
Saturday, October 11, 2014 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
BWI Airport Marriott
1743 West Nursery Road