About the Clinic
Same-Day Consultation with Johns Hopkins Prostate Cancer Experts.
With the best prostate cancer clinicians and specialists in the country gathered in one location, the Prostate Cancer Multidisciplinary Clinic at the Kimmel Cancer Center at Sibley Memorial Hospital provides the highest quality of care and the most up-to-date treatments available to patients with newly diagnosed, biopsy-proven prostate cancer.
The Johns Hopkins prostate cancer team is committed to a single day, small group, comprehensive, patient evaluation. We have the top specialists in all fields, including radiation oncology, urologic surgery, medical oncology, radiology, and pathology working together to bring this broad expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of prostate cancer to each of our patients.
After your exam and any necessary lab tests, all team members meet in one room for a detailed review of each patient’s case, for truly tailor-made treatment and care. Our commitment to optimal patient care also drives the research and educational components of our program.
We understand that a diagnosis of prostate cancer can be stressful and overwhelming. All members of the prostate cancer multidisciplinary team are dedicated to assisting patients and their families to alleviate any anxiety. If you have any questions regarding prostate cancer, you will have an opportunity to discuss them directly with your team members.
The Prostate Cancer Multidisciplinary Clinic at the Kimmel Cancer Center at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Access to world-renowned cancer clinicians and specialists in surgical urology, radiation oncology, medical oncology, pathology, radiology, clinical trials, and social work
- Thorough review of various treatment options at the Kimmel Cancer Center at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Comprehensive assessment, including lab work, examination, expert review of all pathologic and radiographic studies
- Expert panel discussion of each case
- One-on-one discussion about findings, treatment options, and any questions
- Recommendations for potential treatment plans
- Access to the best prostate cancer care in the country
- Access to cutting edge clinical trials for all stages of prostate cancer
- Written reports provided to your primary care and/or referring physician
- Educational materials for you and your family
- The Prostate Cancer Multidisciplinary Consultation Is For You, If You:
- Are considering treatment at the Kimmel Cancer Center at Sibley Hospital
- Are considering a clinical trial for your prostate cancer
- Are trying to select the most appropriate treatment option
- Have disease that is at high-risk for recurrence
- Untreated, biopsy-proven (within the last year), localized (non-metastatic) prostate cancer
- PSA level measured within the last three months
- Prostate cancer at high-risk for recurrence
What We Need Before Your Visit:
- All medical records about your diagnosis
- Pathology slides
- CD of bone scan and CT of abdomen and pelvis only if:
- PSA level is greater than 20 or
- Gleason score of 8, 9, or 10