Thank you for your interest in becoming a Volunteer at Sibley Hospital. Please read the guidelines and rules that apply to Volunteers. Submit all application documents to the Volunteer Office. We will email or call you to schedule an interview.
Volunteer Application Process
Submit the following items:
You may fax, email or drop off your application packet to the Volunteer Office. Please call us with any questions.
You will meet with the Director of Volunteer Service to talk about the Volunteer Guidelines and medical requirements, ask questions, indicate your assignment preferences (if any) and set up orientation and training dates. You will take an open-note quiz over hospital policies and procedures. Applicants 18 and older will complete an authorization for a criminal background investigation.
- Annual PPD (Tuberculosis screening) for all Volunteers. Volunteers may have these tests at Sibley at no charge or may schedule the tests with a private physician at their own expense. Medical requirements must be completed BEFORE service begins. Parental/Guardian consent for PPD is required for those under the age of 18.
- Annual Influenza vaccination or declination letter as a result of medical or religious reasons.
Volunteer orientation (approximately two hours) and training in your service assignment (varies by department) is required before service begins.
Junior Volunteer Application Process
Junior volunteers are required to be at least 15 years of age. Year round Volunteers are required to complete a minimum of 100 hours of service over a calendar year. This may be accomplished during the summer or by a combination of summer and after-school hours.
Submit the following items
Summer Volunteer Opportunities
Sibley Memorial Hospital Volunteer Summer Program
Our Summer Program is an intensive 5-week volunteer experience, offering volunteers the opportunity to give their time and make a difference to our patients, visitors and staff. Individuals are expected to commit to 60 hours of volunteer service.
Summer Session: June through August
All applicants must:
1. Be at least 15 years of age.
2. Commit to volunteer 60 hours of volunteer service.
- The 60 hours are divided into 4 hour shifts, to be completed during weekday hours.
- If an individual would like to volunteer for more than 12 hours a week, the request can be made.
- Individuals may continue volunteering during the year after the Summer Program ends. They will not have to repeat the application process.
3. IMPORTANT: Volunteers MUST be in town and available for the duration of the weeks chosen. We require that Summer Volunteers NOT break up the program, for example, volunteering for two weeks; going on vacation for two weeks and then returning to complete their volunteer hours.
Documentation of Volunteer Hours
Sibley Memorial Hospital Volunteers may request a letter documenting their completed volunteer hours.
- Volunteer may request documentation of hours ONLY after the hours have been completed.
- Volunteers must provide a fax number or mailing address where the letter may be sent.