Safety and Quality Initiatives
- The American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM) Ultrasound Practice Accreditation Council
- 3 year accreditation for obstetric ultrasound
Sibley Renaissance Earns Five-Star Quality Rating from Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) (February 3, 2014)
- Obtained five stars in overall quality, quality measures, staffing and registered nurse staffing for the second and third quarters of 2013
- Received four star in the health inspection category
- Nursing home compare allows consumers and their families to compare nursing facilities in order to identify areas of concern or deficient practice
Sibley Earns National Accreditation with Commendation from the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons (January 23, 2014)
- Granted Three-Year Accreditation with Commendation for the Cancer Program at Sibley (Must meet or exceed 34 CoC quality care standards, be evaluated every three years through a survey process and maintain levels of excellence in the delivery of comprehensive patient-centered care. Accreditation with Commendation is only awarded to a facility that exceeds standard requirements).
- 1 in 4 cancer programs in the country area accredited by ACoS and even fewer receive the highest level of accreditation, commendation.
- Approximately 80 percent of newly diagnosed cancer patients seek care at an ACoS accredited cancer program
- Named "top vote-getter" in both: "Best Emergency Room" and "Best Heart/Stroke Care"
- Bethesda Magazine's "Best of Bethesda 2014"
Sibley Receives Excellence Award for Quality Improvement (December 18, 2013)
- 2013 Delmarva Foundation Excellence Award for Quality Improvement from the Delmarva Foundation of the District of Columbia
- Sibley met specific performance improvement criteria on 14 measures in four national inpatient clinical areas: Acute myocardial infarction (heart attack), heart failure, surgical care improvement, pneumonia.
Top Performer in Key Quality Measure by the Joint Commission (October 30, 2013)
- Recognized for pneumonia and surgical care
- Only top performer in DC
- Two other Johns Hopkins affiliate recognized: The Johns Hopkins Hospital and Children’s Hospital
Distinguished Service Award & Environmental Excellence Award (October 15, 2013)
- Awarded by the District of Columbia Hospital Association at their annual award banquet
- Distinguished Service Award: Awarded to Deborah McDonough, Sibley’s director of Patient Safety and Quality Improvement and co-chair of DCHA’s Quality, Patient Safety and Compliance Committee
- Environmental Service Award: Awarded to the Sibley EVS staff for their commitment to establishing strong environmental practices to improve the health of patients, staff and the environment
Sibley Renaissance Earns Five-Star Quality Rating (July 25, 2013)
- Received for the third and fourth quarter of 2012 and the first quarter of 2013
- Awarded by CMS for excellence in three key quality domains: quality measures, staffing, annual health inspections
- Inspection happens annually and involves examination of all equipment, personnel, and policies and procedures
- Passed in Full Compliance
Excellence Award for Quality Improvement in Hospitals
- Awarded by Delmarva Foundation of the District of Columbia; Improvement organization designated by CMS to help implement programs to "improve health quality, efficiency and value" in the District
- One of only three hospitals to receive the award
- Recognizes performance improvement in four national inpatient clinical areas: acute myocardial infarction, heart failures, Surgical Care Improvement Project, pneumonia
- Must achieve or exceed a 90% individual performance rate across all 14 measures across all 4 quarters of 2012
- Aggregate performance rate above 96% for the four quarters