Safe and secure; comfortable and caring; professional and compassionate—these are just a few of the things to be said about the setting and staff at The Reminiscence Neighborhood of Grand Oaks. We are located on the campus of Sibley Memorial Hospital in Northwest Washington, DC. Here in a home-like setting, we promote the dignity, well-being and personal satisfaction of people with Alzheimer’s Disease and other memory-related disorders. We attend to all areas of their lives—physical, social, emotional, spiritual and recreational.
Individual Attention—The Hallmark of our Care
Maintaining attentive relationships with each of our residents is a commitment shared by members of our 24-hour nursing staff. This enables us to identify changes in routine, behavior, temperament, mood and cognitive abilities and to respond in appropriate and respectful ways. Areas in which we customarily help include:
- Medication monitoring, management and administration
- Prompting and gentle reminders for all types of daily activities
- Respectful hands-on assistance with eating, incontinence care, transferring, bathing, dressing and escorting
A Home-like Setting
We believe that the most nurturing environment is one that feels like home. That’s why we’ve made sure that The Reminiscence of Grand Oaks is tasteful and comfortable. The private suites are large and light-filled. Residents socialize and relax in the living room and spacious activity room. There is also a secure, peaceful open-air courtyard for resting and strolling.
Safety is Paramount
Meeting the unique safety needs of our residents is as important as making them feel at home. The entire residence is self-contained. Amenities are designed for ease of use and residents have the freedom to move safely and securely throughout the neighborhood.
Life Here is Active, Nurturing and Rewarding
Everything we do is designed for the pleasure and benefit of our residents.
- Residents enjoy three nutritious meals, prepared by our Grand Oaks chef.
- Healthy snacks are available 24-hours-a-day.
- There are regularly scheduled interactive programs in our common areas.
- Planned excursions and social outings are also featured here.
- We offer life-enriching activities that reflect our residents’ interests, meet their wellness goals and fulfill their emotional and spiritual needs.
- Visitors are welcome at any time.
- Rooms are tidied daily.
- Weekly housekeeping is provided.
- Personal laundry and linen service is included.
The Reminiscence of Grand Oaks is managed by Sunrise Senior Living—a nationally recognized retirement community leader. Together with Sibley Hospital, we help individuals with Alzheimer’s Disease and other memory-related disorders live safe and satisfying lives at The Reminiscence of Grand Oaks.