One important component of therapy for many women with gynecologic diseases is surgery. In 2007, we acquired the da Vinci S surgical robot to support our gynecologic efforts. The da Vinci S robot—with four steel arms, 3-D vision and near-universal wrist movement—is at the forefront of the newest surgical technology. It allows us to perform the highest level of gynecological surgery, particularly in the area of oncology.
We offer the most advanced and effective surgical therapies, with extensive expertise in:
- Conventional laparoscopic surgery
- Ultraradical surgical procedures for locally-advanced gynecologic cancers
- Aggressive cytoreductive surgery for ovarian and peritoneal cancers
Each surgery is tailored to provide the best solution to treat the patient’s condition while minimizing discomfort. We are also developing new surgical treatments for women with advanced and locally recurrent gynecologic cancers.
to learn about our team of experts.
Areas of Research
- Gynecologic Oncology Group clinical trials for gynecologic cancers
- Advanced cytoreductive surgery with intraoperative Heated Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC)>
- Total Mesometrial Resection (TMMR) surgery for cervical cancer
- Lateral Endopelvic Resection (LEER) for recurrent cervical cancer