From assistance with simple chores to total home management, Potomac Home Support's Care Coordination Program can help stabilize the health and well being of an older person.
Call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
Telephone: (301) 896-6990
TTY: (301) 896-2010
Fax: (301) 896-6242
Treatment and employment are determined without discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, sex, religion, or disability.
Commitment to Our Senior Community
Potomac Home Support, Inc. provides a continuum of medical and social services linking hospital and community resources to form an integrated network as part of Potomac Home Health Care's skilled service (nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, home IV therapy). Potomac Home Support is a sister company of Potomac Home Health Care and a service of Sibley Memorial Hospital and Suburban Hospital.
Care coordinators have masters degrees in social work (MSW) and have met licensure requirements. Potomac Home Support's staff provides prompt and compassionate responses to client needs. The initial telephone conversation is free. Other services are provided on a fee-for-services basis.
Care Coordinator Services
- Conduct a conference with a client and/or family members regarding options for care.
- Assess the areas where help is needed by visiting the home.
- Encourage a healthy lifestyle through education and planning.
- Provide a written report to the client, the primary care physician, and the family.
- Locate and arrange appropriate help in the home (companion/aide, nurse, therapist) to assist with meal preparation, shopping, transportation, medical equipment, household and financial management.
- Coordinate care on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis to maintain safety and satisfaction.
- Monitor home care aides who are bonded and insured.
- Investigate alternative living arrangements with the client and/or family.
- Facilitate moves to assisted living, skilled nursing, or rehabilitation facilities.
- Consult and liaison with out-of-town clients or their families.
- Provide psychosocial support and counseling to help caregivers extend their energies and avoid burnout.
Geriatric Care Management Assistant Program
Potomac Home Support (PHS) offers a Geriatric Care Management Assistant Service to assist seniors with managing their changing needs. Geriatric Care Management Assistants (GCMA's) are non-licensed, non-medical personnel who can arrange to provide the following services under the guidance and direction of a supervising masters prepared social worker when necessary. All GCMA's are selected for their warmth and caring personalities and each has experience meeting the unique needs of seniors.
Geriatric Care Management Assistant Services Include:
- Assist with transportation to medical appointments with sufficient knowledge and experience to gather information for client(s) and their family.
- Maintain communication with physician, family and PHS staff to promote maximum level of health and well being. If requested, GCMA's will use e-mail to keep family members informed.
- Promote and assist in planning social outings.
- Provide companionship through high level, friendly conversation.
- Encourage and motivate participation in daily, routine tasks.
- Maintain daily exercise routines as directed by a physician, physical therapist or speech therapist.
- Coordinate referrals for other care/services as needed.
- Assist with sorting mail and writing correspondence.
- Run errands and help with shopping for groceries, personal items, etc.
- Supervise medications and monitor home and safety conditions.
- Other non-medical duties as dictated by individual situation.
For More Information Call:
Potomac Home Support