Sibley Memorial Hospital’s inpatient adult and geriatric Behavioral Health Program provides acute, short-term treatment for patients ages 18 and older in need of a safe, secure and therapeutic environment. The clinical treatment program is designed to return patients to their optimal levels of functioning as quickly as possible.
The Inpatient Program includes:
- 24-hour nursing support
- Psychiatric assessment by experienced psychiatrists
- Medication stabilization and management
- Multi-disciplinary treatment planning
- Social work/expressive therapy groups
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
- Physical and occupational therapy consults
- Nutrition consults
Sibley also offers Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) for inpatient and outpatient when clinically indicated.
In surveys conducted by the Washingtonian magazine, Sibley’s inpatient unit has consistently been among the top choices for phyciatris threatmentin the Washington D.C. region.
Click here for a brief, informative narrated presentation about the inpatient program.
For more information about the inpatient program, please contact Michael Goodman, LICSW, program director, at 202-537-4929 or by email at email@example.com.