Sibley Memorial Hospital’s inpatient adult and geriatric Behavioral Health Program provides acute, short-term treatment for patients ages 18 and older in need of a safe, secure and therapeutic environment. The clinical treatment program is designed to return patients to their optimal levels of functioning as quickly as possible.
The Inpatient Program includes:
- 24-hour nursing support
- Psychiatric and physical assessment by board-certified psychiatrists
- Medication stabilization and management
- Multi-disciplinary treatment planning
- Social work/expressive arts group treatment
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
- Physical and occupational therapy consults
- Nutrition consults
Sibley also offers Neurostar TMS Therapy as an Outpatient program. Click here to learn more about this new treatment for depression.
In surveys conducted by the Washingtonian magazine, Sibley’s inpatient psychiatric unit has consistently been among the top choices among physicians for where they would go or send a family member for treatment.
Click here for a brief, informative narrated presentation about the inpatient program.
For more information about the inpatient program, please contact Michael Goodman, LICSW, program director, at 202-537-4929 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.