Main Hospital, 7th floor
Enter the hospital through the Main Entrance. Take one of the main elevators to the 7th floor. Behavioral Health is located on your right as you exit the elevator.
Sibley Memorial Hospital’s inpatient adult and geriatric Behavioral Health Program provides acute, short-term treatment for patients ages 18 and older in need of a safe, secure and therapeutic environment. The clinical treatment program is designed to return patients to their optimal levels of functioning as quickly as possible.
The Inpatient Program includes:
- 24-hour nursing support
- Psychiatric and physical assessment by board-certified psychiatrists
- Medication stabilization and management
- Multi-disciplinary treatment planning
- Social work/expressive arts group treatment
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
- Physical and occupational therapy consults
- Nutrition consults
In surveys conducted by the Washingtonian magazine, Sibley’s inpatient psychiatric unit has consistently been among the top choices among physicians for where they would go or send a family member for treatment.