Main Hospital, 7th floor
The Childbirth Education department offers a number of resources for families and soon to be parents. Educational classes provided include:
- Babycare Skills
- Preparing for Cesarean
- Preparing to Breastfeed
- Preparing for Labor and Birth eClass
- Preparing for Labor and Birth One-Day Intensive
- Preparing for Labor and Birth Evening Sessions
- Comfort Breathing and Relaxation for Labor and Birth
Maternity Tours and Sibling Tours of the Labor and Delivery and Family Centered Care Units are also available in advance of your due date.
We suggest registering for classes during your first trimester or as soon as classes are available. Classes fill up quickly so please plan ahead. Online registration is required for all classes and tours. To look at class descriptions or to register please click here
Learn More About Having Your Baby at Sibley Memorial Hospital
Pre-Register to Have Your Baby
- Before your eighth month of pregnancy, it's a good idea to pre-register
- Call Admissions Department at 202-537- 4190 during business hours for any questions related to pre-registration and/or inquire about private room charges.
Childbirth Education Department
- For questions related to breastfeeding or to rent a breast pump call Warm Line at 202-243-2321 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Infant CPR Classes
Birth Certificate Questions
- Call Health Information Management at 202-537-4088 or click here.
Hospital Stay and Private Room Costs
- Call Financial Counselor at 202-537-4160.