Main Hospital, 1st floor
Pastoral Care: Located on the 1st floor of the Main Hospital, next to the main elevators and to the left of the chapel.
The Pastoral Care Department is part of a holistic team that promotes the spiritual care of persons as an essential dimension of total care and services provided by Sibley. We are respectful of cultural, spiritual and linguistic traditions, and encourage patient’s personal clergy to visit and pray with them.
The Chaplains at Sibley Memorial Hospital are professionally trained through the Clinical Pastoral Education program in healthcare ministry.
Some of the reasons you may seek spiritual support are:
- You may have spiritual needs. They can be heightened during a time of crisis or you may desire blessings for a joyous occasion in your life.
- You desire prayer or a listening ear prior to or following your surgery.
- Care and comfort in times of spiritual distress or anxiety. This may include anger, fear, hopelessness, guilt, confusion or grief.
- If you are struggling with the meaning of your illness.
- Wrestling with difficult treatment choices
- A listening ear during conversations about end-of-life care; selection of a treatment facility, decisions about organ donation or concerns about decisions.
- If you would like someone to pray with you or to bless you.
- We maintain coverage 24 hours a day, seven days a week.