Visitor Policy Restrictions in Response to H1N1 and Seasonal Flu Viruses
October 30, 2009
In an effort to minimize the impact of the H1N1 and seasonal flu, Sibley will be taking special steps to protect our patients, visitors, volunteers and staff. These precautions will include changes to our visiting policy beginning Wednesday, November 4, 2009.
Sibley is following recommendations of the CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) for healthcare facilities to prevent transmission of H1N1. The following restrictions apply to all visitors:
- Visitors with flu-like symptoms are not allowed.
- Visitors under the age of 18 (including siblings) are not permitted.
- Only two people may visit at a time.
- Visiting hours will remain the same: 11:00 am – 8:30 pm.
Access to the Hospital buildings for visitors, staff and volunteers will be limited to:
- Main entrance
- Emergency Department walk-in entrance
- Hayes Hall entrance adjacent to the Emergency Department
- The Renaissance portico entrance
- Cancer Center/Radiation Oncology entrance (for patients only)
- Safety and Security entrance
Signs will be posted throughout the Hospital to remind the public about this temporary visiting policy.
Thank you for helping to keep Sibley safe.