Electronic Medical Records Benefits Everyone
Reprinted from Spring 2009 "On Health"
In early summer, Sibley Memorial Hospital will introduce a new suite of electronic products that will provide the foundation of an electronic patient record. These advanced tools will:
- Create automated documentation with improved charting
- Monitor medication continuously
- Send an alert if there are any safety concerns when new medication is ordered for a patient
- Notify a clinician of important events in a patient’s treatment instantly
- Reduce dependence on paper
Sibley’s new electronic system features an improved workflow where information can be shared quickly and easily, ultimately resulting in safer and more efficient care for patients.