Members of Sibley's Nutrition Services team shared these recipes during the 2012 NBC4 Health & Fitness Expo in Washington, DC.
Citrus Herb Salmon with Tomato-Walnut topping
1 teaspoon fresh dill weed, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons orange juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
4, 4 oz. salmon filets, raw
vegetable oil spray or olive oil (for cooking)
1/4 cup leek, julienne
2 plum tomatoes, seeded julienne
2 tablespoons mandarin orange pieces
1 oz. walnuts, coarsely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine dill, parsley, lemon juice, orange juice, salt, pepper and oil together for marinade. Whisk until well-blended.
2. Pour marinade over fish, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, cut up ingredients for topping and refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Remove salmon from refrigerator. Drain and discard marinade.
5. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Add salmon and cook uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until fish is firm and flakes easily.
6. When fish is ready, remove to serving dish. To the hot pan add leeks, tomatoes, mandarin oranges, and walnuts. Deglaze the pain with a small amount of white wine and finish with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Garnish each fillet with 1 spoonful of topping before serving.