A certified therapeutic aquatic coordinator designs classes and teaches individuals to overcome limitations through water exercise. Aquatic exercise addresses balance, neuromuscular coordination, flexibility, cardiovascular fitness, muscle strength and endurance.
A Warm-Water Therapeutic Pool
The pool is 20 feet by 40 feet with skylights and fully appointed locker rooms, including showers, dressing areas and fresh towels. A chair lift for easy entry is also located in the Center.
Therapeutic aquatic classes are available for the community and a lap lane is available for exercise.
Warm Water Aquatic Program
Sibley offers a variety of aquatic programs in our warm water pool:
- Physical Therapy (with prescription)
- Independent Walking Program
- Low-impact Aerobics
- High-intensity Aerobics
Aquatics Class Schedule
||Cost (Per Session)
|Independent Walking Sessions
|8:00-8:45am; 9:00-9:45; 12:00-12:45; 1:00-1:45
8:00-8:45am; 1:00-1:45; 2:00-2:45; 5:30-6:15
9:00-12:45 Drop-ins and Make-ups
Bionics Joint Class
||By prescription only
|Low Intensity Aerobics
|High Intensity Aerobics
- Program/Classes may be cancelled if there are less than 6 participants
- Classes end at the quarter hour; please exit the pool area promptly at the end of class
- You must register for a specific class. Please call to check availability if interested.
Call 202-243-5265 for more information or to enroll in any of our warm water aquatic programs.