Sibley Senior Association: A Wellness Program For Those Over Fifty
If you are 50 years or older, Sibley Memorial Hospital invites you to become a member of an association that will help you maintain your good health. There is a one-time fee of $40 for individuals and an additional $25 for an associate membership mailing to the same address.
Did you know you can now purchase a membership online? Click here to join!
Join us and receive valuable services by showing your Sibley Senior Association (SSA) picture I.D., such as:
- Discounted parking
- 10% discount on gift items in the Sibley gift shop, located on the main floor of Sibley hospital, and Serenity gift shop, located on the first floor of the Sibley Medical Building
- 15% discount off all items at Au Bon Pain in the Sibley Medical Building
- 10% off over-the-counter items at Foer's Pharmacy in the Sibley Medical Building
- $1.00 per hour discount off the hourly rate at Potomac Home Support, which provides homemaker/housekeeper services, sitters/companions, live-in and certified home care aids and transportation assistance
- Free blood pressure checks, Monday through Friday, 10am to Noon in the Sibley Senior Association office
- Periodic Health Screenings
- Free lectures on topics of interest by medical, academic and other professionals to help you stay current
- Support Groups
- A Spousal Bereavement Program: Widowed Persons Outreach - Helping and Healing. Contact 202.537.4942.
- Day trips
- Exercise classes
- Therapeutic, artistic and recreational activities
- AARP Driver Safety Class
- Club Memory, a supportive social group for persons with Mild Cognitive Impairment and early stage dementia and their caregivers.
Services for Sibley Patients:
- Discount on inpatient television
- One free guest meal for a visitor
Help from Sibley Professionals:
- Free consult with Sibley pharmacists
- Physician Referral Service
Sibley Senior Newsletter
The 2013 second quarter publication of Sibley Senior is available. Click here to access the newsletter and read more about intimacy and aging, support groups, special programs and activities, widowed persons outreach, how to stimulate your brain, exercise classes, Knowledge is Power: Palliative Care, and the full Sibley Senior Association event calendar.
Do you have a friend 50 years of older? Give them a membership in the Sibley Senior Association.
Phone: (202) 364-7602 between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm.
The Sibley Senior Association office is located on the first floor of the Sibley Memorial Hospital and is staffed between 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. for Photo I.D.s.