Why Sibley? Because We're Different
Our weight loss surgery center is different from most others. Here at Sibley we offer a "one-stop shop" where patients can have nearly all of their pre- and post-operative care in a convenient and compassionate setting. We realize the weight loss surgery process can be confusing, so we work closely with our patients to ensure successful outcomes.
So how are we different?
- All the resources you need are in one place. Our program is specially designed to give our patients the care they need from start to finish. Not only does this speed up the process, but makes it safer, too.
- We offer a dedicated clinical team of weight-loss specialists. This team includes our bariatric surgeon, clinical coordinator, dietitian, exercise trainer, psychologist, scheduler, and insurance specialist. Meet the team here.
- Our program emphasizes regular patient follow-up and includes nutritional monitoring and exercise training sessions before and after surgery. We also encourage attendance in our free monthly support groups. Successful weight loss and health maintenance is a life-long challenge, and we are committed to supporting our patients every step of the way.
- We offer real solutions. Whether deciding between procedures, or wondering how to pay for surgery, our team of specialists are here to help you make the right decision.
At the Sibley Center for Weight Loss Surgery, our goal is to provide safe, effective, and comprehensive treatment for patients suffering from morbid obesity. While the weight-loss journey often begins with the surgery, it does not end there.
When you choose Sibley, you choose a complete program including:
- The experience and patient care that only Sibley Memorial and Johns Hopkins Medicine can provide
- A dedicated bariatric clinic with experienced bariatric surgeons, a full-time bariatric coordinator / nurse practitioner, a full-time scheduling coordinator, an experienced bariatric dietitian and a personal trainer
- Access to exercise facilities and customized exercise programs
- Psychological evaluation and counseling
- Insurance specialists to help verify your benefits
- Medical specialty consultation such as GI care available on-site
- Monthly support group meetings
- Laboratory and radiology facilities
- New Sleep Disorders Center
Join us for a FREE information seminar and learn more about weight loss surgery options at Sibley Memorial Hospital. Click here to view the schedule or call (202) 370-6565 to learn more about our program.